Skip to main content

More Birthday Celebrations and a Board Game

 Hello. C J here. Have you ever heard of Chronicles of Drunagor – Age of Darkness? I have. I have a new copy now of the massive several kilogram game box from a wonderful early birthday I just got back from. My father’s side of the family and I had a nice day and some very rich buttery cake. I am going to see if some of my friends in the city want to come over and play the 30 or so session long board game on a regular basis.

Oh, right, the social life thing I’ve been looking into is meeting new people online. I wanted to know how to broaden my friend group. I have some board game friends but we needed a new board game to play. I’m going to have them track down the full five players it can handle. It’s a strange game that I’ve been looking into for about a year and it has about eight expansions. I might do some news here about playing it if the team agree.

It’s been a wonderful birthday so far and I’ve got an actual birthday day planned for the actual day the 22nd of July. I’m also playing this game to learn something. It has themes of the characters facing moral and physical corruption if they fail certain game tasks. I wanted a story driven game to inspire my depiction of my setting’s Hell region for eventually making my video game Duskbringer. I’m looking to Chronicles of Drunagor – Age of Darkness for inspiration about Hell and Duskbringer because the themes and story really line up. You can’t make a novel without reading a ton of them and the same is true for games. Happy Sunday. Now time to unbox it.

C J Mcpherson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Food That is Very Saucy

Hello. C J here. I read a lot of cookbooks. This is done mostly for fun. I’m currently reading a short but really interesting book about traditional Chinese cooking. The book was written by an Indian author who has clearly researched Chinese food very well but some of the translations of recipes or concepts get a bit strange. I’m currently done the soups and starters section and am onto the section labelled ‘food that is saucy.’ Cool? Is it also savvy? There’s a surprisingly large amount of ketchup in the recipes. No I don’t think I want a recipe for hot and sour soup that is thickened ketchup water with vinegar and a bit of cabbage. No I also don’t want to take a slice of white wonderbread, roll it into a tube, stuff it with canned corn, deep fry it and then top it with sesame seeds. What in God’s name do they eat in China? And why is it specifically an image of white wonderbread? China? Are you okay? I managed to take out the vinegar, water and corn starch that makes up most of the h...

The Tunnels Under Haven

 Hello. C J here. Walking down the streets of Haven is not always as safe as the city would like people to think. Yes, they have curbed the banditry that plagues the Southern half of the Coastal Road. The Desert Princes whose cities dot the Southern coast of the Southern Continent if anything make the problem worse for themselves with their constant rivalries and politics. So no, a traveller in Haven or in the River Lands is unlikely to meet a bandit or other criminal sort. But then there’s the walking dead to consider. Many of the basements, catacombs and landmarks of Haven have old foundations from before the city had its current name. In ages long past it was one of two competing capitols for the Desert Empire, both of which unified under the first Sand King of the Gold Dynasty, the God-Lion. It was never his place of residence and both the other capitol and the rest of the Desert Empire are long since buried under the dunes. Well, people like to assume they’re buried. People wo...

Food Notes - Rising Cooktime Hidden Mushroom

 Hello. C J here. I have some more adventures in reading cookbooks for you all today. The book I’m currently reading is a thin paperback about traditional Chinese food written by an Indian author. While the author takes great care to represent Chinese culture and recipes properly ome of the instructions get a bit strange. Here’s some fun observations about how to not make traditional Chinese food. We are starting with the chapter ‘Saucy Food.’ Great. Is the food going to give me attitude? We’re making vegetables in Szechuan sauce. First we cook mushrooms in boiling water. Then we wash them. Then we cut them. Then we wash them again to get rid of the hidden dirt. Really? Where is it hiding? Also maybe wash them before you submerge them in water and dissolve the dirt. Okay cool. Chop bok choy. Cool. Boil water. Let it cool. Then cook the broccoli and cauliflower in the cooled water. What? Sorry, what? Then refresh them by giving them a cold water bath. Okay, were they stressed out be...