Skip to main content

My Canada Proud Minecraft Server

 Hello. C J here. I’m laying down some of my plans for running a Minecraft server today. It’s pretty much Canadian Thanksgiving as well so I’m trying to not work too hard. I’m going to get a dedicated server laptop and use the official server packages from Mojang. I’m doing this for a number of reasons that might not be obvious. My planned name is Fantasy Plus and the tagline is Canada Proud.

Minecraft is the most active and welcoming community on the internet. The furry fandom is the other one but we really aren’t as well organized as the Minecraft community. We’re still far too decentralized and we know it. My video game Dragon Engine aims to fix that for the furry fandom and for the internet as a whole but that’s still a long time away. I thought I’d shortcut the situation and use Minecraft to build what I want and then do it in Dragon Engine a second time.

The goal is simple. I’m making a Canada region server designed for people in Canada to meet and share ideas. I think this is the world’s first networking and social media style server. I’m going to have it on Adventure mode, meaning you can’t break blocks but you can fight and craft. I’m recreating some of the Legend Setting here and I might theme each region of the map I’m making after a Province or Territory. First up is Ontario, where I’m from. I’m using Bedrock Editor but every house will have custom furniture that I might have to add by hand.

This is not a competitive building or minigame based server. It’s for exploring, resource economy and personal networking. I’m trying to do as much as I can with what comes in vanilla Minecraft but I am going to make some Add-Ons anyway once I know what I need. I’m using gold nuggets as a currency and I’ll rig up some custom shops and money earning activities. I’m also going to have some Pride rainbows on streets like a normal city has in real life.

I’m also going to see if my family want in on this. Most of them don’t have a Minecraft account. Well, it’s Christmas in a couple months so that should be easy to fix. Maybe don’t tell them. It’s a surprise. Now here’s some concept art for the Ontario themed region. I thought a tall fantasy city with suburbs and a central market lane would be appropriate. As usual expect me to go overboard on the map design.


C J Mcpherson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Food That is Very Saucy

Hello. C J here. I read a lot of cookbooks. This is done mostly for fun. I’m currently reading a short but really interesting book about traditional Chinese cooking. The book was written by an Indian author who has clearly researched Chinese food very well but some of the translations of recipes or concepts get a bit strange. I’m currently done the soups and starters section and am onto the section labelled ‘food that is saucy.’ Cool? Is it also savvy? There’s a surprisingly large amount of ketchup in the recipes. No I don’t think I want a recipe for hot and sour soup that is thickened ketchup water with vinegar and a bit of cabbage. No I also don’t want to take a slice of white wonderbread, roll it into a tube, stuff it with canned corn, deep fry it and then top it with sesame seeds. What in God’s name do they eat in China? And why is it specifically an image of white wonderbread? China? Are you okay? I managed to take out the vinegar, water and corn starch that makes up most of the h...

The Tunnels Under Haven

 Hello. C J here. Walking down the streets of Haven is not always as safe as the city would like people to think. Yes, they have curbed the banditry that plagues the Southern half of the Coastal Road. The Desert Princes whose cities dot the Southern coast of the Southern Continent if anything make the problem worse for themselves with their constant rivalries and politics. So no, a traveller in Haven or in the River Lands is unlikely to meet a bandit or other criminal sort. But then there’s the walking dead to consider. Many of the basements, catacombs and landmarks of Haven have old foundations from before the city had its current name. In ages long past it was one of two competing capitols for the Desert Empire, both of which unified under the first Sand King of the Gold Dynasty, the God-Lion. It was never his place of residence and both the other capitol and the rest of the Desert Empire are long since buried under the dunes. Well, people like to assume they’re buried. People wo...

Food Notes - Rising Cooktime Hidden Mushroom

 Hello. C J here. I have some more adventures in reading cookbooks for you all today. The book I’m currently reading is a thin paperback about traditional Chinese food written by an Indian author. While the author takes great care to represent Chinese culture and recipes properly ome of the instructions get a bit strange. Here’s some fun observations about how to not make traditional Chinese food. We are starting with the chapter ‘Saucy Food.’ Great. Is the food going to give me attitude? We’re making vegetables in Szechuan sauce. First we cook mushrooms in boiling water. Then we wash them. Then we cut them. Then we wash them again to get rid of the hidden dirt. Really? Where is it hiding? Also maybe wash them before you submerge them in water and dissolve the dirt. Okay cool. Chop bok choy. Cool. Boil water. Let it cool. Then cook the broccoli and cauliflower in the cooled water. What? Sorry, what? Then refresh them by giving them a cold water bath. Okay, were they stressed out be...