Skip to main content

Plans for June 2025

 Hello. C J here. I’ve got some updates to round out the start of a new month. First, I’ve looked further into game design and development software. I’m probably moving to using GDevelop because it looks a lot simpler and can actually make phone games, which is where all the money is these days. I’m sure what I know will transfer over well, as will all my setting and species concepts.

Second, I’ve done more work putting together the list of Expansions for the Legend Series and the two I cancelled, Lands of Creation and Roads to the Spirit World, are being resumed. I might get to them before Five Million Strong. We’ll see. I’m also building these with GDevelop in mind and every Legend Series Expansion will be in the video game line as they are made.

Five Million Strong details the five playable factions on the Ascala continent. The Ascala continent is only one of the many inhabited regions of the setting. Lands of Creation aims to detail the climate, species, culture, food and mythology of real life peoples living in various real world climates including fores, coast and desert. Roads to the Spirit World collects myths and stories from around the world, our world Earth, about the spiritual realm that plays host to dreams and grants inspiration.

Finally, a lot of my family have birthdays coming up including me. I’m done shopping for most of them but don’t tell my family that. I had a thought. Herbal magic is a common theme in many Earth nations past and present. Herbal soap exists and is often really good for the skin. The good cream or lotion stuff is also packed with herbs. Together me and my family are looking into herbal skin care and I’m wondering how many of the old myths and stories about the magic of plants are true. First up, honey.

C J Mcpherson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Food That is Very Saucy

Hello. C J here. I read a lot of cookbooks. This is done mostly for fun. I’m currently reading a short but really interesting book about traditional Chinese cooking. The book was written by an Indian author who has clearly researched Chinese food very well but some of the translations of recipes or concepts get a bit strange. I’m currently done the soups and starters section and am onto the section labelled ‘food that is saucy.’ Cool? Is it also savvy? There’s a surprisingly large amount of ketchup in the recipes. No I don’t think I want a recipe for hot and sour soup that is thickened ketchup water with vinegar and a bit of cabbage. No I also don’t want to take a slice of white wonderbread, roll it into a tube, stuff it with canned corn, deep fry it and then top it with sesame seeds. What in God’s name do they eat in China? And why is it specifically an image of white wonderbread? China? Are you okay? I managed to take out the vinegar, water and corn starch that makes up most of the h...

The Tunnels Under Haven

 Hello. C J here. Walking down the streets of Haven is not always as safe as the city would like people to think. Yes, they have curbed the banditry that plagues the Southern half of the Coastal Road. The Desert Princes whose cities dot the Southern coast of the Southern Continent if anything make the problem worse for themselves with their constant rivalries and politics. So no, a traveller in Haven or in the River Lands is unlikely to meet a bandit or other criminal sort. But then there’s the walking dead to consider. Many of the basements, catacombs and landmarks of Haven have old foundations from before the city had its current name. In ages long past it was one of two competing capitols for the Desert Empire, both of which unified under the first Sand King of the Gold Dynasty, the God-Lion. It was never his place of residence and both the other capitol and the rest of the Desert Empire are long since buried under the dunes. Well, people like to assume they’re buried. People wo...

Food Notes - Rising Cooktime Hidden Mushroom

 Hello. C J here. I have some more adventures in reading cookbooks for you all today. The book I’m currently reading is a thin paperback about traditional Chinese food written by an Indian author. While the author takes great care to represent Chinese culture and recipes properly ome of the instructions get a bit strange. Here’s some fun observations about how to not make traditional Chinese food. We are starting with the chapter ‘Saucy Food.’ Great. Is the food going to give me attitude? We’re making vegetables in Szechuan sauce. First we cook mushrooms in boiling water. Then we wash them. Then we cut them. Then we wash them again to get rid of the hidden dirt. Really? Where is it hiding? Also maybe wash them before you submerge them in water and dissolve the dirt. Okay cool. Chop bok choy. Cool. Boil water. Let it cool. Then cook the broccoli and cauliflower in the cooled water. What? Sorry, what? Then refresh them by giving them a cold water bath. Okay, were they stressed out be...